Produce game ready assets, workflows or artist workflow improvements in line with the goals and expectations of the Art Director or individual game teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Document and teach needed art production techniques
- Work with Programming to create and improve shaders
- Champion simple workflows
- Works with Art Leads or Art Director to design and implement needed art production systems
- Maintain and improve art production pipelines
- Constantly revaluate the art pipelines for improvement
- Problem solve all technical issues
- Ensure all completed work is in a build ready format. Collaborate effectively with Art Director, Producer and Creative Director during art review sessions that result in the finest artistic look possible.
- Meet project deadlines / milestones, as set by Producer and Art Director.
- Actively participate in team / department meetings.
- Optimize asset pipeline based on projects requirement
- Meet production schedule with on-time delivery and quality
- Train entry-level 3D artists on tools, techniques, pipeline and process
- Work with engineering dept, design and art to develop pipelines in support of a game feature. In some cases, we end up acting as a negotiator between disciplines to come up with a solution that all parties can live with.
- Assist project art leads to identify risks and optimize creation process
- Consistently exercise sound judgment.
- Good relationships maintained with other team members at all times.
- Input into the creation of Creative, Feature and Tech Briefs and SRED related docs.
- Ensure company art practices are followed.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A portfolio or reel demonstrating outstanding modeling and texturing skills (candidate's work must clearly demonstrate exceptional ability in the areas of character and/or environment modeling.)
- Solid scripting experience (Mel, Python etc.)
- 3+ years of art production knowledge on shipped titles across multiple platforms
- 3+ years of working knowledge of Maya or Max
- Develop tools using Mel, Python and sometimes C/C# in support of a pipeline, feature, or to simply make the workflow of the artist easier.
- Creation of Shaders.
- Understand efficient techniques and hardware/software limitations
- Team player with strong grasp of customer service, positive attitude, passion for games and proactive Creative; outside the box thinker
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be responsive to deadlines and work within pre-defined aesthetic goals
- Self motivated
Impart information and knowledge to junior artists.
- Art Lead
- Other Team Members
- Art Director
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining HB Studios as a Senior Artist, please submit a concise covering letter highlighting how your training and experience qualifies you for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Human Resources).
HB Studios would like to thank all applicants for their interests. Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
To learn more about HB Studios, please visit our website at www.hb-studios.com.