Admission to the Graduate Program
The application system for the Fall 2013 intake is now closed. Applicants have until March 31, 2013 to have all outstanding supplemental documents uploaded.
Thank you for your interest in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology Graduate programs. We offer one intake per annum, our next intake will be for September 2013. We are no longer accepting applications for the current intake; supplemental documentation can be uploaded into the system until March 31, 2013.
Our Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applicant files in January 2013 and will be sending out notifications on decisions to the email address you have provided in your application form, if your email address has changed please update your information online AND notify us via email at email@example.com.
Your to-do list in goSFU is updated daily to reflect your most current status, if a document shows as outstanding then we have not yet received it. We only update the checklist to reflect official documents, if you have submitted unofficial TOEFL, transcripts, etc. then your status for those items will still show as outstanding. If your application is incomplete we urge you to submit your outstanding documents as soon as possible in order to get your application package into a reviewable status. Your online checklist is the only method of checking on your application status, due to volume in our office questions pertaining to checklist items will not be answered.
Please note that once a decision has been made on your application we will contact you, if you have not heard from us then a decision has not been reached. Our method of contact with you will be the email address you provide on your application form.
Out-of-Cycle applications for outstanding applicants can be considered on a case by case basis, if you wish to potentially be considered as an out-of-cycle applicant you must first consult with our research faculty to ascertain a research match and identify a Senior Supervisor.
- Review SFU Admissions Requirements
- Review SIAT Application Checklist
- Review SIAT Research Faculty. Contact faculty who might be a possible research match for you.
- Apply to SFU Online
- Upload Required Documents through the Online Application System.
Official Transcripts (as well as official TOEFL or IELTS reports if the testing centre cannot submit them electronically) must be mailed from the issuing institution as hard-copy originals to:
School of Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University Surrey
250 - 13450 102 Ave.
Surrey BC V3T 0A3 CANADA
Grad Applicant CV Form
- Your name must be noted on all documentation.
- Applications are only considered active once the application fee has been paid.
- SIAT offers one intake per annum (fall semester only). However, exceptional doctoral students will be considered throughout the year.
- The Admissions Committee may, in its sole and absolute discretion, deny admission to any applicant notwithstanding that the applicant meets the minimum standard entrance requirements.